Tired of having to go to your local corner store just to spend a dollar or two on a slushie? Can't get your favorite flavor because they no longer produce it? You can make your own right at home, and it is very easy to do. Choose from many different flavors by using juices from fruits and veggies, lemonade mix, sugary drinks, or add your own twist by using coffee or even chocolate milk (which does not make a milk shake, which we also have an article about). Here is a list of things you will need to get started making your own slushie:
- A Blender that can blend Ice
- A Freezer that can freeze Ice
- Ice Cubes (An Ice Tray is Optional)
- Flavor (example: Juice)
Feel free to experiment with your measurements to see what tastes best for you. However, please be sure to add enough ice to prevent your slushie from becoming too soft.
Now that you have all your ingredients ready, here are the instructions to creating a good slushie:
- Place all of your ingredients into a blender. Please be sure to use common sense and take products out of containers if they are in containers. We do not recommend consuming cardboard or plastic.
- Blend until a suitable texture is obtained for you. Blending too little can result in ice blocks, while blending too much can result in your drink turning into a liquid.
- Test the texture to make sure it is right for you. If there are too many ice blocks, repeat step 2. If it turns into a liquid, try adding more ingredients and repeating step 2.
- Feel free to add more syrup if your slushie is not sweet enough.
- Congratulations! You have just made your own slushie! :)